My favourite Teacher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st Significant Thing About my Favourite Teacher

+2
LKKok
Admin
6 posters

Go down

1st Significant Thing About my Favourite Teacher  Empty 1st Significant Thing About my Favourite Teacher

Post by Admin Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:25 pm

What is the 1st Thing that comes to your mind when you remember your Favourite Teacher?

Admin
Admin

https://favteach.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

1st Significant Thing About my Favourite Teacher  Empty Re: 1st Significant Thing About my Favourite Teacher

Post by LKKok Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:37 pm

Umbrella - He brought his daughter's umbrella to the math lecture! That was how much he sought to make lesson crystal clear to all of us! Very Happy

LKKok

Back to top Go down

1st Significant Thing About my Favourite Teacher  Empty Re: 1st Significant Thing About my Favourite Teacher

Post by Carlos Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:42 pm

Reading! She loves reading and got me hooked on reading too!

Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by CLOYMX Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:12 pm

What is the 1st Thing that comes to your mind when you remember your Favourite Teacher?

My favourite teacher, who taught English, sent a personal letter to every single one of us in class before the school year started to welcome us. Stated within the letter also were instructions about making a personalized pencil box, which also functioned as a desk name tag, that had to be brought on the first day of school. We were all so excited to start the first day of school that year! She turned out to be a great story teller too. Smile

CLOYMX

Back to top Go down

Post by LKKok Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:25 pm

Wow! That's so unique - making a personal pencil box and doubling up as name tag! No wonder to date, you remembered the teacher

LKKok

Back to top Go down

Post by shannonphuah Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:15 am

Milo! My favourite teacher would lug a hot water dispenser and sachets of 3-in-1 Milo from the staffroom to Literature classes. I distinctly remember during our first lesson on poetry, she pushed the tables to a corner of the classroom and we sat in a circle on the floor sipping hot Milo while taking turns to read out poems. One of my best memories from secondary school Smile

(We got her a carton of packet Milo for teachers' day!)

shannonphuah

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayshathun Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:37 am

Apple! My favourite teacher, Ms Lim, taught us geography when we were Sec 4. I distinctively remember, we flung our preliminary examinations for geography and we were very upset by the fact that we will not be able to live up to our teacher's expectations. That day, she brought us a basket of apples for each and everyone of us. Our instant reaction was "apples can't help us get our grades, ms lim". But then, as cheesy as it sounds, she cut one apply halfway and the core of the apple had a star (I never knew this). And she said everyone of us have the potential in us and it will only be discovered when we are put to a test, so don't give up and keep it going! Till now, I do not know why teachers are symbolically represented by apples, but after that lesson, I had my own interpretation of that association!

Ayshathun

Back to top Go down

Post by LKKok Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:45 am

it's the unusual that locks into our memory for a long time!

making your personalised pencil case before class ...
sipping Milo whilst sitting in a circle on the floor ...
the star inside the Apple ...

Wow! Aysha, Shannon & Charmain, you do have teachers who took the road less travelled, and bringing you along .... a blessed memory indeed!

Thanks for sharing these unique stories .... heartwarming I love you I love you I love you

LKKok

Back to top Go down

1st Significant Thing About my Favourite Teacher  Empty My favourite Teacher

Post by Joel Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:54 pm

My secondary maths teacher smacks me on my shoulder but my favourite teacher cares and asks if I needed any cream.
My primary school tuition teacher allows me to play all the time during tuition but my favourite teacher shares her knowledge with me patiently even when i don't want.

Therefore, I aspire to be a caring, understanding and patient teacher which guides my teaching journey to be a favourite teacher to many students. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Joel

Back to top Go down

Post by LKKok Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:53 pm

So, whenever you use cream, it would remind you of your favourite Teacher, yay ! Laughing
Cheers, Joel cheers

LKKok

Back to top Go down

Post by tanjj Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:28 pm

Strict and Demanding during School Team training, but very caring outside of training times. Her massive 5-ply bundled wooden ruler was a sight to behold, and the sound it made when some unfortunate student had to be smacked on their palm... And the memories of annual BBQs gatherings (in the past) for current students and alumni members... That's what reminds me of my favourite teacher.

tanjj

Back to top Go down

Post by LKKok Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:51 pm

Wo JJ, that 5-ply wooden ruler is sure a reminder to stay on track Sad
But the BBQs made up for it I believe ! Cheerios Laughing

LKKok

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down